We have previously discussed “Interactive Floor” arcade games such as LightSpace but this new system from Trio-Tech takes the cake. While I have seen projected game systems before in malls, I have not seen something like this available just for the coin-op sector.
Called UFO Stomper, this interactive foot controlled game is sure to catch attention as nothing like it can be had at home. Featuring 10 different games and great graphics, here are the specs from Trio-Tech:
- Interactive Floor with instant reaction (proprietary floor sensors)
- PATENT PENDING double projection system with SHADOW FREE technology
- Huge UFO Model (diameter 9 feet) will make this your CENTER ATTRACTION!
- 1 or 2 Players
- REDEMPTION ticket dispenser
(the winning player gets the tickets!)
- Spectators see the gameplay
from all 4 sides
- Surround sound system with
4 speakers and subwoofers
The Shadow Free technology is pretty cool as this is something that has plagued other floor projection game systems as the shadow of the player would get in the way of the gameplay. UFO Stomper can also be used as a redemption game which is extra attractive to arcade operators. The price is unknown at this moment but I have yet to see a TrioTech game dip below $10k. Check out the video of UFO Stomper in action by hitting the post break! It’s worth it!