Arcade Exchange, A Facebook Community for Buying/Selling the Classics

arcadehero January 24, 2013 21
Arcade Exchange, A Facebook Community for Buying/Selling the Classics

When it comes to arcade collecting there are many resources one can use to hopefully find that one game (or games) that you are looking for. eBay and Craigslist would be well-known among those willing to risk it in the classifieds space but these do not need to be the only methods used for finding the right arcade game for you.

Enter in a new resource called Arcade Exchange. This is listed as a page “…created to help bring together the hundreds of collectors and enthusiasts from around the world into one place.” Run through Facebook, this allows members to post their For Sale or wanted ads just for arcade machines and their related parts for free. Looking over some of the posts, they have come across some arcade gems such as Venture, Star Wars, Death Race, Satan’s Hollow, Tapper, Atari Baseball, Space Invaders, Revenge From Mars Pinball and more. Finding some of those can prove difficult but quality of the machines will vary being through 3rd parties, AE is just a nice service and community to point them out.

Speaking of quality or the lack thereof, I always am baffled when I look through different online classifieds regarding used games and come across a machine that is just covered in dirt. It’s not hard to get some Clorox wipes and at least wipe the game down before you take pictures to sell it but on occasion you see sellers not even bothering to do that. It’s worse of course when you pick a game up and its like that, the sellers indifference only waning when they see the check. Seems to me one would have a better chance at selling something if you took five minutes to try and wash it off.

Anyways, you can visit or join Arcade Exchange here. It’s a Facebook community currently so you will need to be a part of that. This also means that it is free so that is a nice bonus as well.

21 Comments »

1. Karl February 8, 2014 at 8:41 pm - Reply

I habe a Black Tiger arcade game I am looking to sell. Do you know of anyone interested? In Idaho.

2. Jordan Friedman January 6, 2015 at 10:51 am - Reply

I have a vintage Popeye arcade game for sale if anyone is interested. Please contact me either by e-mail or phone. 443-379-7941. Thanks for your time.

3. jay schultz January 7, 2015 at 7:32 pm - Reply

I have a street fighter 2 arcade game im looking to sell for $1000, price negotiable, its located in Massachusetts, if the price is right i can deliver as long as its not to far, call jay 508 815 6688

4. James January 18, 2015 at 10:06 pm - Reply

I have two games I’m trying to sell. One is space investors and the other is sky ball. Both work and are nice looking for 500.00 for both and I will delever if close. There nice I have to sell to get a place for kids and me . Other words please no bull. Thank u

5. Tyler August 4, 2015 at 7:48 pm - Reply

I have a gen. 5 Clean Sweep crane game for sale. It is in descent shape and works. Asking $600.00 obo. Pictures available upon request. Located in Kansas City, MO. Contact me via email: soccerboy.tc@sbcglobal.net
    Thanks

6. Alexander Kokorin September 1, 2015 at 11:19 am - Reply

I have 1981 Ms Pacman all original fully working & Atari Centipede everything works, but the monitor. I’m in Van Nuys CA 91405 Asking $ 1300 OBO for both, my cell 818 921 5738 thank you

7. Tom December 8, 2015 at 1:43 pm - Reply

looking to sell my 1977 Superbug game in the Boston area. It works and I have the manual and full service info.
    Thanks

• Mark January 7, 2016 at 4:31 pm - Reply

Super Bug

Do you still have this and how much you asking ?

8. deandre January 11, 2016 at 1:06 pm - Reply

Looking for someone who want to buy an old arcade by the name of game vendetta 2-4 co-op mid condition comes on but need a minor fix a 4f and a 5f idk wat it means and a little touch up exterior repair $2500 is all im asking for or negotiating price is accepted i just want to see it up running again b4 i let it go one last time hope it get into a arcade lover hands

9. esther January 18, 2016 at 2:01 pm - Reply

I have six arcade games for sale in Lawton ok anyone interested in them

10. Scott January 31, 2016 at 9:26 am - Reply

MARVEL VS. CAPCOM FIGHTING ARCADE GAME UPRIGHT 25″ great condition. asking $900 or obo. Located in southern CA.

Call or text (760)920-1012

11. Angie March 17, 2016 at 11:27 am - Reply

Looking to sell my Galaga Upright game, I believe it is a 1981, in working order. The side case has Galaxian decal but marque and gameplay is Galaga. Will send pics upon request, located in Kansas City, MO. Contact montes3518@gmail.com if interested.

12. John April 6, 2016 at 9:08 am - Reply

Simpsons Video cabinet for sale in MA. Feel free to email me with questions or offers.
    Spoiler313@hotmail.com

13. Melissa April 7, 2016 at 5:47 am - Reply

I have two games for sale: a working original upright Williams Stargate Defender game and a working original upright Ms. PACMAN. Glad to share pictures or answer any questions via email. Located in Tulsa, OK. We’ve owned both for over 20 yrs, but need the space. Asking $500 for pair or $300 ms pacman & $200 stargate if sold separately. Email questions/offers to:gramattie@gmail.com.

14. Scott May 5, 2016 at 9:58 am - Reply

I have Time Crisis 4 available for sale. Its located in Austin, Tx

15. Teresa May 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm - Reply

Have Area 51 arcade for sale in so cal. Anyone interested

16. Matthew moss June 1, 2016 at 1:53 am - Reply

I have a 1981 cocktail table pretty good shape just needs cosmetics perfect for restoration frogger is the game text me at 505 301 64 19

17. Heather July 12, 2016 at 12:38 pm - Reply

I have the CarnEvil arcade game. It works and am trying to sell for 800 obo if anybody is interested text me 936 333 7142

18. Brian h August 5, 2016 at 12:17 pm - Reply

Please read post before call me i have 2 games coin operated..works great..street fighter 1 and tiger woods golf. Cell is 647 890 4209

19. Fernando D. August 19, 2016 at 5:03 pm - Reply

Selling 60 in 1 Multicade. Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Galaga, Donkey Kong, Centipede, and many more classics. Located in Northwest Illinois. Game is fully functioning and cabinet is in great shape. Manual included. Email tatito721@hotmail.com

20. Office August 20, 2016 at 2:30 pm - Reply

We found a 1981 Super Cobra Konami (Stern) Table top willing to sell if you like to fix and sell them please give me a call 210-337-6501. Just want to get it to someone that can enjoy this classic piece of enjoyment.

Leave A Response »