When it comes to sports arcade games, no other game has as much recognition or as many releases as Golden Tee as they have released a GT title every year since 1989. Incredible Technologies has already begun work on the next GT game of course, GT2009 and this year to celebrate the games’ 20th anniversary they are holding a contest where you have the chance to design one of the holes that will be used in the game. Anyone can submit their ideas for a GT hole anytime between now (it actually started on March 14th) and April 15th. Entries will be judged by Golden Tee creators Jim Zielinski and Larry Hodgson who will pick three of the most creative holes that also blend challenge along with the creator’s own signature into them and present the three finalists for an online vote that will take place on Goldentee.com on May 1st-15th. To increase the chances of winning the site offers these suggestions:
- Your idea will be judged overall on its creativity. A good design should be challenging, not frustrating; clever, not crazy; and most importantly entertaining. Show us what you’ve got!
- Any Par 3, 4 or 5 hole is eligible.
- There is no limit to the amount of ideas you can submit. Just make ’em good.
- The creativity of your submission counts too! From the back of a bar napkin to a polished video on YouTube, you’re encouraged to “think big” to get your idea across. The easier you can impart your vision to Jim and Larry, the better your odds on becoming a finalist.
- A creative name for your design is also a necessary ingredient for success. Without a name, DaVinci’s Mona Lisa would just be “some chick” from the Italian Renaissance!
I really like this idea, although I’m not one that knows much about golf. Good luck to those who give it a shot!