GlobalVR has sent us some shots for each cabinet design for their upcoming racer, Twisted. They have also sent along a small press release detailing the game although I don’t see anything new there at the moment (click on the post break for that). The standard cabinet (32″) uses the same cabinet as what GVR used with NASCAR and NFS: Carbon; the Deluxe (42″) shares some similarities with both the Blazing Angels and NASCAR deluxe cabinets and the mini-motion is just like that but it has a motion-base under the seat but it otherwise takes up the same space as the deluxe model. For a better view of each cabinet click on the images in this post and I will update this post with a price once I can find that out. Twisted will be released in September and should be making an appearance at AMOA 2009.
Take a quick look at what’s in store for your location this September. GLOBAL VR’s new “thrill-racer” burst on the scene at the arcade industry Gala in Chicago last month and is now generating excitement the arcade industry hasn’t seen in quite a while. Small footprint, low price…BIG FUN!
Once you’ve seen the pictures of the game cabinet, check out the video at www.globalvr.com
Loop and leaps are front and center in this high-flying racing game. High powered F-Jet racers provide a totally exhilarating racing experience with fine-tuned handling, air controls and over boosted engines. Single player can enjoy the heart-pounding action or heighten the competition by linking up to 4 game cabinets. Standard racing rules apply…. But that is the only thing standard in this Twisted game!
Game features include:
- Players can drive 4 different F-Jet all terrain racing beasts
- Aerial handling and collision
- 5 Race Tracks each with their own characteristics
- Tackle enormous jumps, huge loops, ramps, pipes
- Multiple surfaces types- asphalt, mud, sand, grass, metal
- Aerobatics: Characterized by its twisted and menacing metal elements, which climb high into the air. Controlling speed is essential here to avoid the fatal fall.
- Jump: Category brings one more element to control: the air. The F-Jet’s mobile wings and jet engines enable speed and trajectory control during jumps.
- Super Cross: Category offers a surface made up mainly of dirt. Controlling drift is fundamental for negotiating the slopes and bumps.
Twisted: Nitro Stunt Racing is the first game available in GLOBAL VR’s Mini -Motion cabinet configuration. Taking up no more space than a deluxe 42” game, Twisted Mini-Motion takes the players to the next level by including the physical bumps, twists and turns of this fantastic racer! Twisted will be available in Standard 32” LCD, Deluxe 42” LCD and a Mini-Motion 42” LCD. See attached photos.
Please call your local GLOBAL VR distributor for more information about this or other GLOBAL VR products.