Another great event which will have a prominent display of arcade gaming goodness is fast approaching, where this time it is the famous Midwest Gaming Classic. In addition to tons of classic gaming consoles and PCs (about 200 will be at the show) they also will have over 125 arcade and pinball machines set on free play for the public. There is more to it beyond all that which you can read about in the press release after the break but this is one event I’d love to visit one day where I love classic gaming, whether it’s on arcades or consoles.
Midwest Gaming Classic will take place on the 21st & 22nd of this month and it’s only $15 for admission on Sat. and $10 on Sunday. Kids under 12 get in free too, which is a really nice deal.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Don Caldwell
ALL TYPES OF ELECTRONIC GAMES AT THE MIDWEST GAMING CLASSIC 2009, Saturday and Sunday, March 21 and 22.
(March 8, 2009) – Milwaukee, WI – The Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC) is the largest all-encompassing electronic gaming event in the US! This annual event will take place March 21 and 22, and features arcade uprights, pinball machines, home console and PC games. Tour the Classic Gaming and Computing Museum, play games or enter tournaments for the chance to win cash and prizes! Games, cartridges, accessories, parts and many other items will be on sale. Speakers include famous pinball and game designers presenting their stories and insights. Gamers and families alike will enjoy the Midwest Gaming Classic, March 21 and 22 at the Olympia Resort and Spa in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, just a half-hour drive west of Milwaukee, at Highway 67 and I-94.
Featured events and speakers include:
· The most comprehensive collection of video game consoles and classic computers ever assembled for public viewing. The MGC’s Classic Gaming and Computing Museum will feature over 200 consoles and classic computers, a large number of which will be made playable to the public.
· A large video arcade and pinball floor with over 125 popular machines stretching the full gamut of arcade history, all set to free play!
· The Ben Heckendorn Experience, a booth featuring many of the creations by the famous video game console modder and his group of expert modders from BenHeck.com. The booth will also feature a live workbench and several presentations throughout both days.
· Several “Events-within-an-Event” spread throughout the Classic Gaming and Computing Museum including The Underdog Chamber, the Family Game Room, Atari Fest, Turbo Fest, a live game show hosted by Robot Panic, and the Development Kit & Debug Zone.
· Speakers include John Trudeau, a famous pinball designer responsible for popular titles like Creature from the Black Lagoon and Bride of Pinbot. Ex-EGM editors “Trickman” Terry Minnich and Ken “Sushi-X” Williams, speaking about their time at the now defunct magazine. Jim Schelberg, editor of the most popular pinball magazine in the world, PinGame Journal. Marty Goldberg of Legacy Engineering, who will have the original, radically different Gene Simmons Guitar Hero guitar prototype on hand. Lloyd Olson, owner/operator of one of the last great pinball locations in the world, SS Billiards. Finally, renowned pinball collectors Mark Bakula and Don Caldwell will again be on hand holding their popular speaking sessions. Additional noted speakers will be introduced throughout the remaining two weeks leading up to the Midwest Gaming Classic.
· Tournaments include a Guitar Hero World Tour tournament sponsored and hosted by popular local radio station 102.9 the Hog and its personalities. Other popular returning tournaments include the 16-team Halo 3 competition and the Midwest Pinball Championship, endorsed by the International Flipper Pinball Association (IFPA) and World Pinball Player Rankings (WPPR), and is presented in part with GameWorks in Schamburg, IL. New tournaments include a Street Fighter IV pick-up tournament hosted by popular ex-EGM editor and VGEvo co-founder Ken “Sushi-X” Williams.
· The first 1,500 guests will receive goodie bags including Killzone 2 T-shirts from Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc., copies of GOAT Store Publishing’s Feet of Fury for the Dreamcast, and half-off tickets for Six Flags Great America. Guests may also enter to win door prizes including Six Flags Great America tickets, sponsored by Six Flags Great America, and a PlayStation® 3 system with a copy of Killzone 2, sponsored by Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
Check us out at:
Saturday March 21 – 10:00am to 8:00pm
Sunday March 22- 10:00am to 5:00pm
Tickets are $15 Saturday, $10 Sunday, children 12 and under free with paid adult.