It looks like there is a still a little bit of news to discuss about in regards to the AAMA Gala, with this recent press release that was sent out by LAI Games. You might recall that way back at IAAPA last year, LAI Games introduced a very interesting and unique coin-op title called Textminator where the game puts the players”texting skills to the test”. I would still like to see how this one works out in person but according to the press release (which can be found after the post break) it is testing well and it is something different which I like to see. I am not much of a texting person myself but I know many people who are and they might find a texting game (especially one like this where you can ‘battle’ with another player) to be enticing.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Allison Timberlake (469) 521-7000
LAI’s Textminator Sends a Message at AAMA Gala
Dallas, Texas, August 1011, 2009 – LAI Games USA, the leading manufacturer of coin-operated prize vending games, ticket redemption games, photo booths, and coin operated kiddie rides, featured its newest game, Textminator, at the AAMA Gala. Attendees lined up to play the game, which puts player’s text messaging skills to the test. LAI also had a demonstration team on-hand to show what Textminator can do in the hands of texting masters. Attendees cheered on the team, a pair of 16-year-old boys, as they amazed onlookers with their lightning fast thumb work.
The first of its kind, Textminator is a highly intensive game that puts texting skills to the test. Players can race against the clock or challenge their friends to a texting battle. For added enjoyment, a camera takes players’ photos for display on the leader board. Housed in anThe attractive cabinet design display that looks like a giant cellular phone., the Textminator Deluxe comes with a lit platform and seating bar. can be purchased with optional deluxe seating. Up to four cabinets can be linked together, allowing as many as eight players to compete against each other.
The game is now being tested, and initial results suggest that the gameTextminator will be a lucrative addition to any game room.s.
Why a texting game?
- There are over 250 million cell phones in the US
- Over 20 billion text messages are sent every month and that has grown at a rate of 250% each year for the past 3 1/2 years
- 4th Quarter 2007 – for the first time, text messages exceeded cellular voice calls
- 40% of cell phone users say they text message “regularly”
- Teens aged 13 – 17 average 1,700 text messages per month
- 42% of this group can text blind – without looking at the keyboard
- LAI Textminator is the only texting game on any game platform, coin-op or consumer
Textminator Features and Benefits
- Single and dual player modes
- Two game modes to choose from – arcade style and race the clock.
- Durable stainless steel phone-style keypads
- Options for tickets, coupons, or amusement only
- Configurable operator settings
- Optional deluxe seating available
- PC Based with 26” flat screen LCD monitor
- Pulse-pumping sound track
- Built in Camera lets players put their picture next to their initials on the leader board
Textminator Standard: 33” L x 29” W x 77” H, Weight: 236 lbs.
Textminator Deluxe: 59” L x 47” W x 77” H, Weight: 306 lbs.
About LAI Games
LAI Games USA, a subsidiary of Leisure and Allied Industries (LAI), has been a leader in the interactive entertainment and game industry for over 50 years. The company develops, manufactures, and sells coin operated prize merchandising games, ticket redemption games, photo booths, and kiddy rides to distributors, operators, and entertainment centers around the world. For more information, please visit www.LAIGames.com.
LAI GAMES SALES INC. 1621 West Crosby Road Suite 100A Carrollton, TX 75006 USA
www.LAIGames.com | Sales@LAIGames.com | US Sales: 1.888.211.6370 | Int’l Sales: +1.469.521.7000 | Fax: 1.469.521.8004