The day has arrived for Sega to begin testing the House Of The Dead Scarlet Dawn in Japan and with that, we have our first batch of info.
I recorded this “vlog” to discuss everything we know about the game so far – albeit I finished editing the thing right before I found out about the footage of the game in action that was posted to the new. Oh Well. This post is to accompany that vlog with links and the written word.
For quick bullet points in case you need them:
- The game is a true sequel to House of the Dead 4
- It does NOT use mounted guns but wired, free movement uzis
- Gameplay is similar in style to HOTD4 thanks to the automatic guns
- Story takes place 3 years after HOTD4, follows Kate Green and Ryan Taylor (brother of James Taylor)
- Additional weapons are available (grenades, shotgun, rocket launcher)
- Chariot returns
- You can choose different routes like in previous HOTD games
- Has different modes such as an “explosive sound mode” and “Master Mode”
- Graphically it looks very sharp
- Is online enabled via Aime and includes a nationwide leaderboard and trophies
Here is the JAEPO House Of the Dead page: https://am-show.sega.jp/jaepo18/lineup_hodz.html
SegaBits found some footage posted to the net the of the game in action, which is what everyone always prefers to see as opposed to a talking head. The dialogue in this is….cheesy, to say the least. I guess they are trying to keep it traditional. Still, does anyone use the word “gadget” anymore when talking about something like a smartphone?
[fb_pe url=”https://www.facebook.com/ThrowBackTokyo/videos/1835238933216427/” bottom=”30″]
And here’s a video from ShouTime
Also from Throwback Tokyo, the gun and molding. Looks really nice :
What do you think of the game from all of the info out now?