For the past few years now, Play Mechanix (developers of the latest Big Buck games) has held a worldwide tournament in the Fall on the latest Big Buck game on the market, using their online network as a way to run the qualifying tournaments for a final competition that culminates in Chicago. When they are not holding a worldwide tournament, they have held monthly competitions for small prize packages, where players can win anywhere between $20-$500, it just comes down to their best score placed in the tournament mode for that month on a Big Buck World or Big Buck Safari arcade machine.
This year is no different in that a tournament will be held but some key details have changed interested players will need to know about. For starters, the tournament is taking place a little later in the year, November, 9th-10th to be exact probably giving more time to players to adjust to the new Big Buck HD which is still in the process of rolling out to locations. They also have decided to move the tournament from Chicago to New York for the first time.This is also obviously the first time players will be able to compete on the new HD version. The prize pool will have a total of $50,000 worth of prizes up for grabs, with the grand prize coming in at $15,000, which is nothing to see at if you are adept at light-gun shooting games. I could go on but they sent along this handy press release which has all of the details there already so I will stop going on about it and let it do the talking from here.
* * *
Big Buck HD World Championship Coming to New York City
— Players to Compete on First Ever 1080p HD Arcade Game–
(Glen Ellyn, Ill. – August 9, 2012) – Big Buck Hunter announced today it will host the fifth annual Big Buck World Championship in New York City this fall. Previously held in Chicago, this two-day tournament will take place November 9-10 at the Altman Building in Manhattan, pitting the best virtual hunters from around the country against each other to win a $15,000 grand prize with qualifying to start in September. While only the best sharp-shooter will walk away a champion, Big Buck finalists will compete for a total of $50,000, including a $5,000 prize for the winner of the second annual Ladies Tournament.
The 2012 Big Buck World Championship marks the first time players will compete on Big Buck HD, the first 1080p high-definition arcade game, released this summer. During the month of September, the best players in America will attempt to qualify for 64 coveted spots by competing in an online tournament on games around the country. To solidify their place in New York City, players need to achieve the top scores within the north, east, south and west regions of the country.
Fans are being introduced to the new game in regional Big Buck HD events throughout the summer. With cash prizes and a World Championship hotel stay in New York on the line, the regional competitions have been well attended. The full schedule is posted on the Big Buck Hunter Facebook page.
Players qualifying for the World Championship will notice new and upgraded features on Big Buck HD. Some of the most innovative additions include:
- Showdown: The Showdown mode is a new feature that is a unique evolution in online arcade gaming. It allows players to play live against one another from anywhere in the country. Two or more players simultaneously play the same site in a round-robin format. Players can challenge friends from their friends list or locate competitors in a virtual Showdown waiting room.
- New Tournaments: “Add-On” Tournaments offer more opportunities for players to win cash prizes. “Add-On” Tournaments run continuously with multiple tournaments open concurrently. When players choose any standard game play, they have the option to enter their score in a tournament for an additional $1.00.
- Social Media Integration: Players now have the ability to connect their online Big Buck accounts to their Facebook and Twitter pages to share achievements. Players can also check in from Big Buck HD games, display awards on news feeds and more.
- Cashless Payment: Cashless payment now allows players to pay with credit/debit cards. Tournament winnings can also be deposited into player accounts.
- Size and Game Flexibility: The new Big Buck HD game has flexibility in set up for game operators and bars. Operators can now choose from three different size HD monitors to fit their needs.
- – more –
- Guns: A brand-new gun system offers players more comfort and better accuracy required for the high-definition screen.
All Big Buck HD games feature online connectivity, which allows players to track scores through online accounts and compete in tournaments against players from around the country for cash prizes, making Big Buck HD a truly interactive experience. To find a Big Buck HD near you, visit www.bigbuckhd.com.
# # #
About Big Buck HD Big Buck HD is the first-ever 1080p high definition arcade game and the latest release from Play Mechanix, developers of coin-operated interactive entertainment products. Combining the best of Big Buck Hunter Pro and Big Buck Safari, Big Buck HD offers enhanced graphics as well as new challenges, awards and tournaments. A truly interactive experience, Big Buck HD arcade games feature online connectivity, allowing players to track scores and compete against players from across the country for cash prizes.
For additional information, visit www.bigbuckhd.com, check out the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/OfficialBigBuckHunter or follow Pappy’s Tweets at www.Twitter.com/bigbuckhunter.